What is the best web host control panel?

actesphp

Member+
Jan 27, 2017
I am currently using Webmin with virtualmin as a free open source web host for myself

I have looked into cPanel, directadmin and plesk
But so unsure to which one to go for.

I do like the features of cPanel and plesk but directadmin does a one of payment for it while other don’t and ask for monthly subscriptions.

Any advice would be great

Reactions: Yarpii™

imMike

Jun 4, 2019
I've only ever really used cPanel since it was the default that came with a ton of free web hosts way back when. It's easy to use, easy to navigate, and support is incredibly easy to find when you come across an issue. A major dissatisfier is the fact that it is often attached to a plan with a monthly fee.

actesphp

Member+
Jan 27, 2017
Yeah used vesta a long time ago and it was not that good but I have seen they have some massive improvements recently

raniwati

Aug 22, 2019
who said so? All web hoster must paid each month!

Just for Personal
$2 + To view the link, you must: Sign In or Sign Up
$15 +++ To view the link, you must: Sign In or Sign Up
$9.16 ++ To view the link, you must: Sign In or Sign Up
0 Vesta is FREE with paid plugins

For web hoster, need more money :cool:

Depend on how much you want reach the customers or just for personal use.

actesphp

Member+
Jan 27, 2017
So I have turned to the dark side and at the moment I am testing windows server 2019 with iis 10 GUI version

I actually quite like it..
Server is running ok, 60-75% use
4core 8gb EEC Ram and 250gb x2 ssd raid
It’s handling over 7 Wordpress websites and 1 workice freelance script rather well

So am happy

Yarpii™

EScripts | EVolt
Staff member
Feb 26, 2015
The Netherlands
github.com
i prefer Plesk above everything it's so easy for a single administrator...
U can make it so secure as u want and it's really users friendly

U can even have the Plesk for ever free buy requesting time over time new trial key......
as the system does not check if u have already used your trial

sensoftmedia

Dec 17, 2019
I also think Hostgator is the best, but fastest is a2hosting and especially for eCommerce development like magento.

Siknoidas

Nov 30, 2019
If you are friendly with ubuntu, you can try ispconfig. A lot of tutorials is in internet. And it's free!
If you wanna for your customer, you post popular is directadmin.

How it looks -
ispconfig.JPG

Last edited:

iamsam

Sep 3, 2019
cPanel is the best & it is worth it, when you consider the amount of time you end up saving. if you are on a tight budget, try getting on cheaper Cpanel plan to get you started.

Calogero

Aug 6, 2018
My recommendation, use ISP if you want a really simple solution, otherwise stay with webmin/virtualmin.... both are free... cpanel is too complex and therefore inefficient... it takes away a lot of time from you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock